Nationally... the Humanist Society
- publishes "New Zealand Humanist"
- issues a regular newsletter to members
- broadcasts a regular Wellington Access Radio Programme
- organises donations and awards
- maintains a unique library of Humanist books and journals (based in Wellington)
- organises seminars and gatherings of members and friends
- maintains contact with national bodies with similar interests
- makes representations to Government and public bodies on issues of general concern
- is an affiliated member of the United Nations Association of NZ
Locally... Humanist branches meet regularly to
- discuss and exchange ideas with people of like minds
- hear speakers on Humanist philosophy, other belief systems, current political and social issues etc
- organise projects such as the settlement of refugees, hospital visiting etc
Other activities include Social gatherings, picnics etc.